What to Expect
‘Clear to Close’ means your loan is approved and you are clear to go to settlement with big smiles and relaxed shoulders.
- The day before settlement you will hear from our Processing Team with final settlement figures and the amount that needs to be on the cashier’s check you bring to settlement (if applicable). We’ll also make sure you know where you’re going and when.
- We try to attend settlement, but if we’re unable to attend you needn’t worry. We spend the week prior to close going over your final numbers with the settlement agents to be sure that everything you sign is absolutely correct. If you have any questions while at settlement we are just a phone call away.
- After settlement, keep your eyes open for informative emails and letters from us – mostly fun stuff and a few treats here and there.
- However, if you get solicitations for mortgage life insurance or anything that doesn’t seem quite right, you may have forgotten to opt out from the credit bureau lists at www.optoutprescreen.com. Call us if you receive something that you’re not sure about.
What We Need From You
- Bring your photo identification with you to settlement, and if you need to pay money into the transaction, please bring a cashier’s check made out to the settlement company.
Tell your friends and family what a fabulous job those people at FAIRWAY Mortgage did for you! We believe the best way to build business is by doing a stellar job on every loan. Nearly all of our business comes to us through referrals, so if you’re happy with our service, spread the news!
Don’t be a stranger. You’re part of the FAIRWAY Family now! We love to hear from you as life goes on and you get settled in. We’re also happy to be a resource. We interact with all kinds of people in this community, from Realtors, Builders and Financial Planners to Local Business Owners across a wide range of specialties.