Home Buying Process
Clear to Close
What to Expect
A Pre-Approval is often the key to seeing homes for sale. In today's market a Pre-Qual just isn't enough
anymore. You need a Pre-Purchase Consultation, which includes a real Pre-Approval, before shopping.
A Pre-Approval tells the Selling Agent that we have looked at your financial situation, in depth, and are confident
we can provide you with a mortgage.
- Schedule a Pre-Purchase Consultation with us to discuss your goals and options (30-45 minutes).
- We create a MAP (Mortgage Analysis Plan)
designed around your specific goals and needs.
- We provide a Pre-Approval to you and your Realtor.
What We Need From You
One way to provide us with information we need to start your file is to fill out our secure
- Provide all pages of bank and asset statements, even if blank.
- If your statements indicate large deposits we will need to have a paper trail showing where the deposits came from and why.
- Stay current on your existing accounts.
- Opt out from the credit bureau lists at www.optoutprescreen.com
to protect yourself from potential identity theft and so you aren't bombarded with unsolicited offers after settlement.
- Don't worry about rates yet. When you have a home selected and are at the Application stage, then
together we can begin watching for the best time to lock a rate.
- Don't provide teller or internet print-outs for bank statements - we cannot use them.
- Don't apply for new credit when applying for a
mortgage. A new debt could change everything.
- Don't close credit card accounts or consolidate your debts onto one card.
We're Here to Help You. 717-431-9299
Licensed by the PA State Department of Banking as a 1st mortgage banker: 2289
Equal Housing Lender